Here are a few safety tips to follow for worry-free driving.
Before you leave:
- Consult the A30EXPRESS Info section on the home page of our website to check traffic and weather conditions in real time
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated for optimal traction
- Check windshield washer fluid level
- Remove all snow on your vehicle
While driving on the A30EXPRESS
In case of snowfall:
- Reduce your speed in snow or ice conditions
- Maintain a minimum distance of 55 m between yourself and the vehicle in front
- Break gradually
- Do not accelerate abruptly or change lanes unnecessarily
- Anticipate your maneuvers
- If weather worsens, take the nearest exit and find out more about conditions before getting back on the road
Do not forget: winter tires are mandatory!
According to the Road Safety Code, from December 15th to March 15th all passenger vehicles registered in Quebec must be equipped with winter driving tires. This regulation applies to taxis and rental passenger vehicles as well. Drivers who do not conform to this article of the Road Safety Code are liable to a fine of $200 to $300.